Investing in Apartment Buildings
Have you been considering investing in Apartments? In the following video, I am going to highlight why apartment buildings are the right market for you to invest in.
Below are my top five reasons to invest in apartment buildings:
- Reduced Housing Stock: This year, we have 2.7 million household units where we are undersupplied which makes for a very healthy environment.
- Increasing Rental Demand: The popularity of renting from younger generations as they’re not ready to settle down just yet. Plus, high housing prices cause affordability issues for both younger generations and with boomers.
- Affordability Gap: Home prices have increased. Across the US, it is about $340 cheaper to rent than it is to buy and this number is continuing to increase.
- Multifamily Asset Class as a Group: Not seeing a price decrease in this asset. We are seeing some prices come down in new construction and commercial but we are not seeing that in the value-added segment of the market.
- Cap Rates and Yield: We are not seeing an acceleration in interest rates, in fact, they appear to be stabilizing or going sideways and even decreasing in some markets.
Watch the following video as I dive deeper into each of the insights mentioned above.
At Thompson Investing, we target investments that are expected to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns over the life of the project. To learn more about what we do or for more investment insights
- Subscribe to David’s YouTube channel to get notifications when new investment insights are available!
- Share this post with others so that they can get the inside scoop on investing in apartments. Simply click on the social media sharing buttons below. Have questions or comments about investments in the Austin, Dallas or Atlanta areas? Leave them below or Contact me for more information.
Have a topic you’d like me to share insight on? Click here and let me know! I’d love to hear from you!