This policy applies to information you may provide:
- On this website (thompsoninvesting.com) and related Thompson Investing webpages (the “Site”).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information you provide to:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As you use the Site, you may choose to provide certain information, including but not limited to your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Such information is provided voluntarily by you. If you are a current investor, or become an investor with Thompson Investing, we may ask you for additional information to enable the Thompson Investing Investor Portal Login services available through the Site. Such information may include without limitation, your name, birthdate, mailing and billing address, zip code, social security number, phone number, email address, bank account information, and other financial data. Additionally, Thompson Investing and our partners may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site, including but not limited to the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and aggregate data about the pages visited, but in doing so we do not connect this information with your personal information such as your name or email address to personally identify you. For more information, please see the following section. If you choose to take advantage of the “Contact” option available on the Site to contact us via email, we recommend that you do not include any personally identifiable information in the message box. This function is not set up to encrypt data and is therefore not a secure method of providing confidential information to us.
COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about communications with us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising out of your use of this Site;
- To present the Site and its contents to you;
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use the information you provide to us to contact you about Thompson Investing offerings and services, as well as, offerings and services from our business partners that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know in writing via the contact information provided above.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some, or all, of Thompson Investing assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Thompson Investing about the Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thompson Investing, our investors, or others.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about the Site users without restriction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Thompson Investing to promote offerings or services of Thompson Investing, you can opt out by letting us know in writing via the contact information provided above.
Thompson Investing has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and Thompson Investing is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California law, a California resident with whom Thompson Investing has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any personal information Thompson Investing may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, Thompson Investing will provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing. Since Thompson Investing does not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is not necessary for us to establish this procedure; however, if you do not want Thompson Investing to use your personal information to promote our offerings or services, please notify us in writing via the contact information provided above.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
LINKS TO OTHER MATERIALS
You may not assign this Agreement or any of your rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of the Thompson Investing. Thompson Investing may assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder in Thompson Investing’s discretion.